Ph: 1-818-808-0006

22120 Clarendon Street, Suite 160
Woodland Hills, CA 91367


General Line
Farsi Speaking Clients
Spanish Speaking Clients


When you work with Tara
Khorrami you’re working with the best.
Learn more

Law Offices of Taraneh Khorrami

Law Offices of Taraneh Khorrami

An F-1 student visa allows foreign nationals to come to the United States to pursue a course of study at an academic institution accredited by the USCIS.   Aliens who have residence in a foreign country which he/she has no intention of abandoning, who wishes to come to the United States to, may qualify for an F-1 student visa. The alien must have a valid educational purpose for coming to the United States, and must be able to support himself or herself while in the United States without working.

The F-1 student visa applicant must have available sufficient funds and outside financial support to ensure he or she will not become a public charge or accept unauthorized employment.  He/she must be proficient in English or receive training to make him or her proficient.  In addition, students seeking a student visa must convincingly show that they intend to remain in the United States for a temporary period of time. Applicants that fail to prove that there are compelling reasons for them to return to their home land after their period of study is complete, face a high risk of having their student visa application rejected.

At the end of the course of study a period of work authorization may be requested for the purpose of gaining experience in the field of study, known as "practical training."   If qualified, the student may also change non-immigrant status to a temporary non-immigrant work visa or adjust status to a permanent resident.

Dependents (spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age) of F-1 holders are entitled to F-2 status. Dependents may be students in the U.S., but may not be employed under the F-2 classification.