Obtaining a “green card”— indicating lawful permanent residency
in the U.S.-is the primary goal of our clients who are planning to enter this country.
If that is your goal, too, please contact (attorney firm name) today to arrange a consultation and to learn
how we can help you.
Having lawful permanent residency enables you
to live and work in the U.S indefinitely. But because obtaining permanent residency has become more complicated since 9-11,
applicants regularly need help navigating the process.
We can assist
you in obtaining permanent residence through the categories (listed below) within two main types of permanent visas:
- Aliens of Extraordinary Ability in Business, Arts or Sciences
- Multinational Managers and Executives
- Outstanding Professors or Researchers
- National Interest Waivers
- DV Lottery
- Labor Certifications
- Religious Workers
- Immigrant Investors/Entrepreneurs
widows, unmarried children under 21, & parents of US citizens
(Immediate Relatives - IR)
- Unmarried children over 21 of US citizens (1st preference)
- Spouses & unmarried children of Green Card holders (2nd preference 2A)
- Unmarried children of Green Card holders over 21 (2nd
- Married sons and daughters of US citizens
- Brothers and sisters of US citizens
The waiting period to obtain an immigrant visa
through relatives will vary depending on one's preference category and one's country of origin. Nationals of
Mexico, India, People's Republic of China and the Philippines generally have longer waits in these categories.